The BAM Forum program has been assembled to give participants actionable intel on how to keep their company — large or small — on track. Join industry veterans and invested stakeholders for a discussion of how to manage challenges ranging from funding and IP protection to certification and consumer acceptance.
Day 1 — June 23
Keynote | Vertical Motion
When considering the business of automated mobility, it’s impossible to ignore those companies and leaders that are making big waves in the market. One such company will tell their story of success from the perspectives of technological innovation, fiscal growth, and regulatory drivers.
- Adam Bry, CEO & Co-founder, Skydio
Navigating the Shift Storm
Startups working on automated mobility - whether airborne or ground-based - are required to shift quickly and continuously, to adapt to new customer needs, to align with new testing data, and to keep technology ahead of the curve and the competition. This expert panel will explore how to maintain viability amidst the evolving challenges of funding, changing customer needs, and regulatory considerations in both the commercial and defense space.
- Moderator: John Avery, Director, Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) at Georgia Institute of Technology
- Orin Hoffman, Venture Partner, The Engine
- Bonnie Rosen, Program Manager, Techstars Starburst Space Accelerator
A Capital Idea
Automated mobility is ripe for investment but understanding the right finance and capital options can feel daunting. Join this expert panel to explore the latest investment trends and find out how to get your business and technology on the path to profitability.
- Reilly Brennan, General Partner, VC Trucking
- Jeff Fuchsberg, Director, GeniusNY, The Tech Garden
- Marco Rubin, Senior Investment Director, Center for Innovative Technology
- Rumi Morales, Partner & Head of Venture, Outlier Ventures
- Prachi Vakharia, Technical Program Manager, Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
The Customer is Always Right – Understanding Consumer Expectations & Acceptance Concerning Data and Privacy
The mobility industry cannot underestimate the impact of customers’ expectations and understanding of new technologies, novel applications, and user experience. Experts will discuss best practices on the critical balance of privacy and service expectation, and the role of the consumer, data analytics, and regulations in maintaining this balance.
- Moderator: Jennifer Dukarski, Shareholder, Butzel Long
- Claudia Rast, Shareholder, Butzel Long
- Alexander Edwards, President, Strategic Vision Inc
Day 2 — June 24
Keynote | Ground Vehicle Automation: The Next Chapter
The development of automated vehicles has attracted many newcomers to the automotive industry. One such company will share their insights into the industry, technology, and opportunities for innovation.
- Mark Rosekind, Ph.D., Chief Safety Innovation Officer, Zoox
Business Approach to Safety, Security, Liability & IP Protection
Failure in safety and security is not an option in the court of public opinion, and potentially the court of law Expert panelists provide guidance on how best to protect the public and yourself by proactively, rather than reactively, making safety and security top priorities and integral to a winning business model.
- Moderator: Pascal Thulin, Aerospace Standards, SAE International
- Jennifer Richter, Lawyer, Akin Gump
- Michael Robbins, Executive Vice President, Government and Public Affairs, Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI)
UAS Certification – The Final Frontier?
Achieving airworthiness certification is a key and critical step on the path to profitability. Interact directly with industry experts as they pull back the curtain on regulations, provide valuable insight into relevant standards and certification requirements, and offer advice and guidance on how best to navigate the regulatory landscape now and in the future.
- Moderator: Parimal Kopardekar, Director, NASA Aeronautics Research Institute (NARI)
- Dr. Steve Cook, Technical Fellow, Northrup Grumman
- John Bouma, Director of Civil Certification & ODA, Bell Flight
- Clifford Sweatte, FAA DER, Akin Gump
- Jim Williams, FAA DER, Aura Network Systems
Setting the Standard – Automated Ground Vehicle Standards
Standards are key to making transportation safe, secure, and affordable for the traveling public while not hindering innovation. Industry experts participating in the standardization efforts for automated mobility discuss these challenges while updating on latest activities.
- Robert Brown, Director of Public Affairs, TuSmple
- Amy Chu, Director, AVSC, SAE ITC
- Francesa Favaro, Safety Best Practices Specialist, Waymo
- Karl Kreeb, Director of the Safety Center, NVIDIA
- Jack Pokrzywa, Director of Ground Vehicle Standards, SAE (Moderator)
- Barb Wendling, Senior Researcher, Quantitative Scientific Solutions LLC
What’s on the Horizon?
While the future can be uncertain, recognizing trends can help businesses and leaders understand the opportunities and risks in various markets. Join a discussion highlighting trends in air and ground automated mobility, which could influence future investments.
- Michael Blades, Frost and Sullivan
- Paul Lewis, Vice President of Policy and Finance, Eno Center for Transportation
- Emily Shao, Associate Partner, McKinsey & Company